Tuesday 15 November 2016

Rise from the Ashes like A Phoenix




As a child, I always hated it when people asked me what it was that I wanted to do when I grew up. I always feared that I would be laughed at because my dreams were silly or perhaps out of my reach and I was flying too close to the sun. I have experienced days when my heart just wasn’t there like it used to be and the thought of giving up on my dreams slowly seemed like the best option that I had. I felt an emptiness inside, an uneasy feeling that I just couldn’t shake off.
 
Today as most days, the sun rises up, taking its normal position high up in the sky. Every day without fail the sun does what it is supposed to do no matter what. This is motivation, inspiration and aspiration that we all require to fulfill our daily goals and dreams. There is no such thing as ‘I can’t.’ We all have the strength and ability to fulfill our purpose in life. It’s within all of us, we just need to find it and manifest it. Sometimes all we need is a push in the right direction. A little motivation never killed anyone, so don’t be scared.
 
We don’t go through life to amass worldly things, the important thing is to be happy and live a fulfilling life. When you look at all you have done to get to a certain point in your life and not focus on how much you still have left, you begin realizing how far you have truly come. When you feel that you are about to crack, take a deep breath, and remember there is no greater gift than life itself. As Jerry Gilles said, “Make sure you visualize what you really want, not what someone else wants for you.”
 
At times we might not be able to see the sun, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not there. Just because we don’t see things, it doesn’t mean that it’s not happening. In life, we either succeed or fail. You choose what you want in life. The thing about life is that you don’t know what’s going to happen and sometimes not knowing what to expect can be difficult but what’s the fun in knowing everything.             
                                                                                              
 
Whatever comes your way just stand firm and grab it with both hands. God doesn’t give you a challenge that you can’t handle. So, I end this hoping that I have motivated you in some way. I also hope that you find the strength to succeed in everything that you do. Remember, stay strong, stay positive and most importantly believe in yourself!

1 comment: